Monday, December 26, 2011

Letting go.....

It took me a while to forget you, 
who am I kidding, it took me a lifetime,
weeks, months, years, to repress the sweet
memories of your face, the taste of your kiss.
But I remember the exact moment, where
I finally let you go. 

I had met someone else, who had 
bright hazel eyes and created the most
magnificent words with the twist of his
wrist, a writer, a dreamer, a passionate lover.
And we shared our secrets, poured our hearts
out, whispering dreams to the empty bottles
of whiskey that laid before us, but something,
oh, there was something that felt so strange. 

It was almost as if you were there with us,
you were trapped in my mind, and even with
someone else opening their chest to me, 
running their fingers through my hair and 
kissing me so lightly, with their eyes shut
so tightly, I couldn’t shake you from my sight.

But there was this moment, I’ll never forget it,
when he and I were sharing a glass of wine on
the porch, watching the stars, when I thought 
of your face, except it wasn’t your face anymore,
no, I couldn’t remember what you looked like. 
And then I tried to think of your kiss, or the 
warmth of your touch, and those memories had
escaped my mind too. I thought I should be sad,
but the absent images of you lightened my stride,
lifted a weight from my heart, as if I could finally
give it away to someone new, a person who
truly deserved me. 

It took me years, but I finally let you go, 
like a nightmare, you will remain just a 
sheer thought and a reminder of the pain 
I had to endure to find true love.



Goodbye forever


©||❤ puleen.nazlin ❤||©

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...