I was never her.. who you wanted me to be. Who you had hoped for me to be.
In truth, I was already broken beyond fixing. I am flawed beyond repair.
I am everything you had hoped I was not.
My hope was not for you to be someone you weren't.
Never.
My hope was to get a glimpse of happiness, if it was possible.. if I had deserved.
But clearly it was for someone else. It was for someone better. Someone deserving.
I have understood this a long time ago, but I was stubborn.
I thought I could change my fate.
But what I am is a prisoner of my own fate.
How foolish of me to think I have the power to change my life!
How stupid!
I am so ashamed that I can't even bring myself to look into the mirror.
Who is that girl? Why would she think a happy ending is in her cards?
Maybe I asked for too much. Maybe I was bound to hit a wall to realize.
After all, I was never meant to fall too deep or be willing to take a bullet.
Now that it has finally come to a dead end, I decided I will jump over the edge.
For I never will turn back and trod the same road.
I made a mistake once, and I shall never do it twice.
Unless it is written by You.
©||❤ puleen.nazlin ❤||©

No comments:
Post a Comment